Tuesday 16 June 2009

Energy affects performance

I was talking to my neighbour's son at the weekend about hunting for work. He described exactly what happened to me when I finished my last corporate project.

After several weeks of job hunting he felt drained. There were no opportunities for being put forward for jobs let alone getting to an interview. It got to the stage where he thought "what's the point of even getting out of bed?".

I know from experience that it is difficult to get out of such a low point. The trouble is that if he did suddenly get a called to interview he wouldn't perform at his best because his energy would be low. What impression do you think that would make on an employer?

The same thing happens if you are pitching for business. Your prospective customer is not going to be very impressed if you don't sound convinced about making a sale.

So what can you do about it? The simple answer is to change your thoughts. That is not always easy to do in practice without some help. If you are in need of a boost in this area you might like to join my free teleconference on the Power of Attraction. The first one is on Monday 22nd June 2009 at 20:00 GMT. Contact me at admin@hartspring.com if you want details of how to join in.

No comments: